Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Last two weeks have been pretty slow with activity. I'm still pretty happy keeping the portfolio in defensive territory, but with bond yields rising there's not really a good space to put cash in the short term. I've shifted out of some of the bonds funds but need to think about a good place to park cash. Most likely spot to park cash will be in $XLP as consumer defensive tends to perform well if risk amps up.
Portfolio beta remains at 0.61 so I'm content being invested in large cap dividend producing companies that can weather the storm of risk in the next few months.
Dividend Increases (Week of Apr 3rd)
- SCHO - $2.35
- MRK - $69.00
- TLT - $10.09
- SCHO - $4.94 (different account)
- TLT - $10.09 (different account)
- SCHZ - $10.79
- SCHQ - $8.37
- Lost 100 shares of Verizon through a covered call.
- Lost 100 shares of Merck through a covered call two weeks ago and recovered through cash secured puts.
- Various other trades.
- Purchased some Starbucks at $88. . a day or two they declared the stock buyback dead.
- While I lost Merck shares to a covered call, I was able to get it back while selling and buying puts as it continued higher.
- No other activity this week.
- Will be evaluating portfolio allocation in next few weeks for Q2 but will not be changing strategy, just some fine tuning.