Happy Easter weekend to everyone!
It was six months ago I began this investing journey and started Dividend Town!
I had always liked the idea of a dividend growth strategy and wanted to try it out myself. With all the great online resources, I felt very comfortable that I wasn't doing anything 'wild and crazy' and would manage it responsibly. Thankfully my wife was supportive as well.
So after six months, how is the Dividend Town portfolio doing?
Overall Performance: (Tracked at Weekly Progress Tracker)
- Total Performance from Portfolio Inception: 5.88%
- S&P Performance from Portfolio Inception: -1.76%
- DJIA Performance from Portfolio Inception: -2.39%
- NASDAQ Performance from Portfolio Inception: -10.38%
From October to mid-January the portfolio beta was ~0.80 - 0.85 and then down shifted to more energy, consumer defensive and utilities with large risk on the horizon. Currently the portfolio sits at ~0.59 beta, and I'll reevaluate sector / asset class weighting more during a rebalancing later this month. I do not expect much to change however.
Projected Annual Dividend Yield: Started at $7,944 and currently sitting at $9,279.Cumulative Dividend Income:
In six months we've made $3,640 in dividend income. This is roughly ~0.9% of the value of the portfolio. I know it seems silly, but it's pretty cool that in six months I've paid for almost 1% of the portfolio value.
- $CVX: Up 56.3% (Yield on Cost 5.17%)
- $KR: Up 49% (Yield on Cost 2.15%)
- $ABBV: Up 46.9% (Yield on Cost 5.10%)
- $SRE: Up 32.5% (Yield on Cost 3.54%)
- $PFE: Up 28.3% (Yield on Cost 3.87%)
- Other notable stocks with over 20% growth are: $COST, $LMT, $DG, $ALL, $NJR & $ATO
- $SHOP: Down 59.3%
- $NIO: Down 51.7%
- $DOUG: Down 33.2%
- $WSM: Down 27.8%
- $TROW: Down 23.1%
I mentioned to my wife today how much I enjoy doing this. There's a certain comfort of managing your own investment decisions and producing results. I also enjoy being transparent and tracking the results. I spent a lot of time on Div Gro prior to starting, and his transparency and accountability have been inspiring. Over the next 10 years, I hope the transparency of my portfolio and everything I learn helps others as well.
Enjoy your weekend!